Yes, the scale lies sometimes, and the number it shows depends on many factors. No you haven’t gained a pound in a day, that’s impossible. By weighing yourself everyday you can become obsessed, apart from that, the fact of seing how the number doesn’t go down or how it goes up a little bit can make you want to quit. You’re not going to lose weight overnight.
WHEN AND HOW TO WEIGHT YOURSELF
- Set a day a week to weigh yourself.
- Do it in the first time in the morning, before eating or drinking anything.
- Do never weigh yourself the day/days after a binge, it will take time to your body to dygest and process that food.
- Make sure you drank enough water the day before the weigh-in, most of the times if you see the number going up, it is only water retention.
- Remember that the muscle weighs more than the fat.
- Don’t weigh yourself during your period or the days around it, it may vary because of your hormones.